LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajaymehta   05 June 2015

Pvt bank trnsfrd salary to saving ac and fined

I had an salary ac with an private bank. I left job there in 2013. I withdrawed all the amont from the same. Today when I enquired in that same bank as i received message that I am not maintaining minimum balance of Rs. 10000 hence I have been fined. I went to bank and they told me that my AC is active and its in minus balance of Rs. 5000. If I keep active ac then they will deduct from the money that I deposit and If I want to close the AC then too I have to pay this amount. I have not used this AC since 2 years. I did not receive any message that they have transferred my AC into savings AC from Salary AC nor did I get any message that my AC is in Minus of Rs. 5000. What should I do?? Pls suggest proper procedure to this. Thanks Experts

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 June 2015

1. M/s HDFC Bank provides salary a/c, with NIL balance.

2. The T&C of the a/c are supplied with Welcome Kit.......................and maintained at website.............that would be claimed by the bank.

3. Ideally and by procedure also bank has to quote the T&C before a/c is opened e.g. communication to HR etc that has negotiated the a/c T&C and a circular supplied to all employees.

4. If no such condition was ever supplied to you and signed/accepted  by you then you may decline to pay and can even demand the certified copy of signed acceptance..........................however you are unlikely to get it.

5. The bank shall miantain that it has been sending reminders by normal/ordinary post.

If you had provided email id in bank a/c then you have another point to refute the allegations of the bank.

6. Until you get order from Bank or DCDRF this bank may debit amounts from any other a/c that you may have in future with this bank.

7. It shall be alwayys approrpiate to obtain certified copies of each and every document from bank and retain it, and close the a/c in writing under proepr acknowledgment.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     06 June 2015

Give a formal complaint to the Chairman of the Bank giving full details of your grieavance. If your grieavance is not redressed  to your satisfaction, file a complaint alongwith copy of your correspondence alongwith reply if any recived from the Bank. The Complaint is to be lodged with Banking Ombudsman. Banking Ombudsman sits in each Regional Office of RBI.  Make enquiries about the Regional Office concerned under which the Bank branch in question is situated and send the complaint to that office of the Banking Ombudsman. Details of how to complain,complaint form are available in the website of RBI 

BANKING OMBUDSMAN

https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=159

If the Banking Ombudsman link is not working copy paste the URL noted above in your browser.

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     06 June 2015

Open a New Account with a Nationalised Bank with an amount of Rs.1000/-(Rupees One thopusand Only) and find out the procedure to  get back the balance amount transferred to the New Account Represented by Nationalised.This procedure to protect the hard earned money to some extent....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register