LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legalflcons (Advocate)     03 February 2011

Punjab Rent Act

Chandigarh Rent controller assesed the provisional rent order dated 4-12-2010. But by typographic error it was written in order that "Now to come upon on 31/01/2010". We move an application on 31/01/2011 for correction of the year for depositing the rent and told the Rent controller that we are here by applying our minds and ready with the rent but first allow our application and make correction in the year. The rent controller give us next day i.e 01/02/2011. We deposited the rent on 01/02/2011 along with cost and interest and in a statemnt rent controller asked me to add line that Now I have no objection for the typographic mistake of the court. The land Lord accepted the rent but with an objection as he said the mistake of the year was typographic and can be understood by the tenanat applying his mind and we should have deposited the rent on 31/01/2010. Now the next date is 22 feb for arguments. My Q is wat is the fault of the tenant if there is typographic mistake of the year. The onus of the mistake is on whom? The provisonal rent was deposited next day i.e 1/02/2011 after moving an application for corection of the year on 31/01/2010. What will be the consequences on tenant with  this kind of  mistake by the Hon'ble court in view of Rakesh Wadhawan Judgement. Thanks  

Learning

3 Replies

* Correction: The land Lord accepted the rent but with an objection as he said the mistake of the year was typographic and can be understood by the tenanat applying his mind and we should have deposited the rent on 31/01/2011.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     03 February 2011

But now what is the problem.

First is it the fault of the court or not? Secondly tenant deposited the rent on the next day but the opposing counsel accepted the rent on 01/ 02/ 2011 but with the objection that the date was 31/01/2011 and the typographic error of the order of the rent controller 31/01/2010 is no error. Now the Rent controller fixed the date 22 Feb for arguments on this !! Can now still rent controller pass eviction order against the tenant with the mistake of their own. Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register