LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shalini jain   30 November 2017

Psychological harassment

Dear Sir/Ma'am, I am a 25 year old working woman. I have been constantly facing a situation in my workplace. One of the senior lady officials in my office is constantly meddling in my personal affairs. She observes me and then calls me in her office and asks me to not to talk to boys because I am a "beautiful" "Brahmin" "girl" and they can take advantage of me when in reality all I was doing was talking to two of my male colleagues in front of everyone. And many things like these are happening on regular basis. I find it extremely disturbing as its none of her business whom I am talking to. I need to know if this will be considered as workplace harassment? What are the actions I can legally take against her if she does not stop doing this even after me requesting her? Please help me out. Thank you

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

@ Ms Shalini Jain,

No workplace harassment seems to be involved, as seniors are expected to ensure some discipline and in the office to avoid the workplace to be used merely a gossip centre or a love hub

However, if you feel inconvenience, you may better switch over to some other company, if your story is true to some extent, as you cannot be both, Jain and brahmin at a time.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 November 2017

Generically speaking; such interactions may not necessarily fall within ‘Workplace Harassment’.

At workplace employee is at discretion of employer to do work assigned by employer/for which employee is engaged.

To check or object to Gossiping at workplace or discussions with colleagues be it male or female during work hours may very well be within purview of employer and officials engaged by employer.

Apparently; there seems to be no corrosive comment made by the official to employee.

In case something damaging to your interest has already transpired post the details and facts............

Igore the castiest and racist comments made by IT=@PSD above in 2nd post from top.

Your cast etc does not matter for your query at LCI.

Avoid posting photos/names/email id/phone numbers/addresses etc etc or attaching any document containing photos/names/email id/phone numbers/addresses etc etc and erase photos/names/email id/phone numbers/addresses etc etc while sending any documents to anyone, anywhere except your own very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Labor/service matters and having successful track record in handling such matters thru courts of law and with concerned authorities. 

Online portals are not substitute for in person discussions with very able senior LOCAL counsel as explained above and are for mere getting details and directions, and guidance and for FREE. As the cause at LCI is social service and Noble cause. You are not to pay any monies for it to any IT.

There are many threads and publications at LCI also narrating unsuspecting querists from Republic of India, having been allured and fleeced by posers, impostors that advertise the photo of very old/sick persons posing as some Chief Lawyer (while actually LIAR) and flaunting unknown Firms as LAW Firms (while actually LIAR’s Firms)…………………..and having multiple fake ID’s to post Salutes from one fake ID to another fake ID…………………and falling for even Rs.50/- ( Pachaas Rupalli)………………. Such posers and impostors might be having their roots, origins, asal, asla and/or rooted in Tribal Bad Lands of Pakistan and may even approach your employer and share your details for few rupees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register