Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nilaysudhirdave   23 April 2015

Proposed amendments in consumer protection act, 1986

DEAR ALL, 

I HOPE MANY OF US ARE AWARE THAT THE MAJOR CHANGES ARE COMING IN THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT, 1986. SUCH CHANGES ARE PENDING AS PROPOSED AMENDMENTS. HOWEVER, IF THE SAME BECOMES A LAW AFTER THE DUE PROCESS, IT WILL GOING TO BECOME A BIG ISSUE FOR THE LAWYERS WHO ARE PRACTICING IN CONSUMER FORAS. 

THERE WILL BE A CLEAR AND ABSOLUTE RESTRICTION UPON ENGAGING LAWYERS IN FORUM UPTO Rs. 2 LACKS, IN STATE COMMISSION UPTO Rs. 50 LACKS AND IN NATIONAL COMMISSION UPTO Rs. 1.5 CRORES. 

FRIENDS, SUCH A PROPOSED AMENDMENT IS DISTURBING AND IS TOTALLY ILLOGICAL AND IRRATIONAL. FURTHER IT IS ALSO AGAINST THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF CONSUMERS WHO WANTS TO ENGAGE AN ADVOCATE AND ALSO AGAINST THE PROVISIONS OF THE ADVOCATES ACT, EXPECIALLY SECTION 30. 

LETS JOIN OUR HANDS AND OPPOSE SUCH AN AMENDMENT. BY ALL FORCE. 

PLEASE GO THROUGH THE ATTACHMENT BY SPENDING 5 MINS. ITS WORTH. 

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2015

Dear querist, I note and regard your concern toward the legal fraternity.  Yes it will be a deprivation of lawyers privileges but in the larger interst of the consumer fighting for their rights, the move is an appreciable one especially when the atrocities of few advocates who dominate or ignore the feelings of the litigants for their greedy ambitions/designs, some changeslikely to be implemented beomes necessary.  I advocate for the sake of my brother advcates but interest and the welfare  of the society should be the first choice of the advoate fraternity.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     21 July 2016

all of us know any petitioner in person can appear even in supreme court , that means appointment of an advocate is just optional of the cliebts ; so obviously here too in consumer courtd; better not over blow our concerns in consumer court amendments; after all it is prerogative f the clients only as to how they want to handle their own cases; if they want you as an advocate, if you are really capable in your professional work people will seek your support only;if not the chances of advocates getting work would just disappear sir.

beter not to agitate the issue is my considered view sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register