LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raju george (service)     01 June 2009

property right


my mother is 71 yrs,. old. She has 3 sisters and 2 brothers. Her father died in 1985. He had two land properties, one with house. He did not leave any will. My mother was not given any share or dowry. My mother is staying in one of the property having house for last 15 years, having ration card, election id and gas connection and is cultivating the said land. Some years back brotherws and sisters came together and sold the same and divided the money amongst them but leaving my mother without anything saying that the property she stays is her. She therefore signed on the sold property documents. Now the property she stays is in her father's name and wanted to make in her name.   Is it possible without the participation of other brothers/sisters to register in her name? As the property’s valuation increased, and reluctant to participate in making it in her name.  What is the other remedy?



 1 Replies

R.M.Bhaduri (Lawyer)     03 June 2009

Mr. Raju there is remedy, at first take out the certified copy of the sale deed on which your mother signed and then see the recital of the sale deed to find out the mode of payment by the purchaser and whether your mother has been also named amogst the name of receivers of the consideration amount and then you can get relief by filing a suit. I fear that it is quite difficult to register in your mother's name without participation of her other brothers and sisters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query