Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjunath (OMR)     13 September 2011

Property partition

Dear all,

My grandpa had a house(self owned) in village. After his death my grandma sold that house and took a site in Bangalore with a GPA registered in her name. Till 2005, it was in GPA only. In March 2005 she registered this site in the name of her last daughter in the form of sale deed. There is no Khata to this property as government of Karnataka has stopped Khata services as of now. My grandma has 6 children - 3 sons and 3 daughters of which she has registered this property to last daughter. The reason for registering to the last daughter is because she looked after my grandma till her death. My question is, if we  file a case in the court, will we get the property partitioned? I am the eldest grandson of my grandma i.e eldest son's son.



 4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     13 September 2011

no, you will not get shares and succed in your case, b'case self earned property after GPA to sale your sister, so its not possible to victory your case.

1 Like




first of all tell me how many members/ legal heirs of your grandpa alongwith your grandma at the time of your grandpa's death, then u can demand your share from the share of your father accordingly






CONTACT NO. O9811465886

1 Like

Manjunath (OMR)     13 September 2011

My grandpa had 6 children, 3 sons and 3 daughters at the time of death. I believe that if someone has self owned property, he or she can give it to anyone and their children have no rights on that, please advice, thanks.


If your grandpa not made any will or any other testamnetary document to your grandma, then all 6 children of your grandpa along with your grandma (total 7 shares) having equal rights. Please consult good advocate with documents. Hindu Succession Act 1956 and Hindu succession amendment act 2005 and any such other acts get involve to resolve your matter

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query