LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

patel (employee)     12 October 2015

Property issue kindly help

dear experts my grandfather had died after writing a will of his self aquired property over my grandmother.after some years my grandmother also died without leaving a will.they had three brothers (including my father) and one sister who died before my grandmother had died.

now i been told that the property will devolve in equal shares over all the four.but now the three sons of the deceased are refusing to come in terms for a family settlement.they say once after all the legal heirs of my grandmother had died then the sons of the deceased aunt will get equal share which will be greater value than the share that they would get now (means instead of sharing the one share that my deceased aunt would get  they say that if all three brothers had died  they will get more share)

is it possible to keep the property so long and then partition,if done so will it be become ancestral property in the hands of my and their children

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 October 2015

Your father is entitled to 1/4th share in the property, so let him file a partition suit and get separate possession of his property if the other heirs are not cooperating for an amicable settlement  or partition. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register