LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthik   04 March 2015

Property issue

Hi Sir / Madam,

I'm Karthik. 25 years back my father and his brother bought a home in chennai,  which is regitered under my father's brother name. Now he is claiming that is his properety. But while buying property they both gave equal share of money.

As of now we are still staying in the same property. The property have 4 portions. One is occupied by us, second we are receiving rent and other 2 portions my father's brother collecting rent.

Now he is saying he is going to sell the property and asling us to vacate. Do we can claim our share? Kindly help on this.

Thanks in Advance.


 2 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     04 March 2015

legally u do not have any right in property which is in his name.but take stay order from civil court against him so that he does not sell said property.

You can also opt for CLICK TO TALK option for more legal advice on mobile.

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     04 March 2015

If your side is able to establish that the property was purchased out of common fund of both your father and his brother or your father contributed the equal amount of sale consideration to purchase the same, equal share over the properties can be claimed as legally entitled irrespective of the fact that the sale deed stands only in the name of your father's brother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query