LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nandan (bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb)     07 October 2014

Property in wifes name

sir i have purchased a plot in my wifes name and built a house by my retired benfit money and bank loan and other savinngs and sale some ornament of my wife .we are 4 brothers i am youngest of them,now i have filed a partition suit on my fathers property now they also 3 brothers jointly filed a counter claim against my selfaquired property, which is in my wifes name, they saying 

that we have also paid money and labour to the said property (which is my wifes name) and that also our joint property .but they have no evidence for contribute any money.but i have spent 9 lakhs on that house .i have only the evidence of bank loan  and also our 3 sisters also signed and  make affidavit on court against that property(which is in my wifes name)so can they prove it its a joint hindu family property. or as treated as a streedhan property. 


 4 Replies

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     07 October 2014

their claims on your father's property only not on your wife's property of any kind. regds

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     07 October 2014

Civil suits are just delay tactics. All of you have equal rights on father's properties either in partition or on intestate situations regds

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 January 2024

Everything depends on evidence of money transfer. Whoever has evidence in their favour will win. According to you the evidence are in your favour. If so you will win.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     26 January 2024

In such circumstance the counter claimants cannot prove their claim, accordingly it is liable to be dismissed.

Maintain faith in your lawyer and contest it tooth and nail.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register