Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Girish (Senior Manager Operations)     09 June 2016

Property gift/transferring ownership of property to relative

Respected Members & Lawyers,

I purchased a property in 2008 but in the name of my father. Now due to old age my father can't really travel. I want to either sell/rent/mortgage that property. For this I want to understand the process of either 1) Gift Deed 2) Transferring the ownership of the property in my name 3) Property is located in Maharashtra hence as per latest state govt. rule no Stamp Duty will be applicable to sell/handover property to blood relatives.

I will be travelling to Mumbai along with my father from 20th jun to 24th Jun. I want to complete the formalities in that week. I don't want to delay this process.

The property is located 200 kms away from Mumbai near Chiplun. So for registration do I have to take my father with me to Chiplun? OR Power of attorney/Declaration letter from father is enough? Kindly provide guidance. Thanks.

Best regards,
Girish Gokhale

Cell: 0-9909948766

Learning

2 Replies

Girish (Senior Manager Operations)     15 June 2016

Can someone provide some information?

S S Dahale (agri-profess.)     13 August 2016

He  will have to execute a  relinqusihemnt deed to akeen family member as  like Gift , as per latest Govt ammendments in Maharashtra ,   Stamp duty of Rs.200 and  registeration charges of Rs 200   ( earlier it was 1 % of amount - RR rate) is applicable for the same - 

but for teht One has to Go to Sub registrars office of that Taluka (as property is loacted )  or else , regsier a  Will in that matter, with specific mention of thsi property ,  in the name of that keen family member as Gift, to own ,  dispose off / retain

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register