Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJ (Business)     26 August 2011

Property disputes among brothers

Dear Members,

My Grand father had some ancestoral property in Delhi. He had 6 Sons and 2 Daughters. My Father is the youngest of all. My Grand father died 20+ Years ago without a will.

From that time all Brothers and Sisters are trying to sell this property and divide the share among themselves. The eldest brother is refusing to give his consent on property sell off. This is because he (together with his sons) is already very very well off and doesn't need the money.

During this time the brother elder to my father has also expired, his wife is enocomically not that stable and has two daughters to marry off. She has gone in personally to seek the approval but in vain.

All of us have tried all kind of requests to the eldest but he is not perterbed a bit.

Now Please guide how we can get this resolved, any kind of amicable resolution has failed with him so is there a legal framework available in this case.

Thanking you in anticipation


Ankur Jain


 2 Replies

Harsh (Advocate)     27 August 2011

Hello Ankur,


I would be able to assist you in your case. You can file a suit for partition and permanent injunction in respect of the property in the Delhi High court as per the facts narrated by your goodself.

I am practicing lawyer in all Delhi Courts.

You can further contact me on

Hoping to hear more from you soon.




Harsh Parekh


9971780620 (M)


Subhendu Pattnaik (Advocate)     07 October 2011

hello Ankur,

U may file a partition suit in the concerned court with the help of a lawyer of your choice. After the partition made by the court U can sell your share.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register