LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramu Jamkhandi   09 December 2017

Property dispute between me and brother's wife family

Hi All, My father bought some agriculture land and registered to my name and some acres to my mother and also later he bought some more acres and he registered in my name (I have major contribution of money from my salary). I have a younger brother who is little not social and mentally that strong to make decisions and he just sits at home idle. He dont have any knowledge of how things works and he is not good in anything. Because of this reason my mother property also registered in my name. Now sometimes i feel my brother's wife family is making an issue and trying to brain wash my brother and ask for the property share. And we don't trust my brother's wife and his family. If we register it will be like they will be enjoying all his property share. First of all do they have any rights to ask the share as everything is in my name. I want to take care of my brother and i want to support his needs as long as possible and I want to transfer some property to his kids if it happened to be and once they grow up. But i want to control everything and I don't want my brother's wife family to disturb us.. please help me here. Thank you so much in Advance. Best Regards Ramu

Learning

6 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     09 December 2017

If properties are registered in your name no one can legally take it from you nor ask share in it. You are supporting your younger brother and ready to transfer some share in the property in favor of his children when they grow up, so you can make a trust in their favor where the property can be included and mentioned as for these children when they grow up and till that time you remain as caretaker of that part of the property. You can otherwise even make Will in favor of those children for portion of property you want to transfer them.

Thank you so much Sir.. Your reply helped me a lot.. Best Regards from Ramu

Can you please tell me your suggestion

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     10 December 2017

Advise given by Mr
Vijay Raj Mohan is absolutely right, I agree with him.

Ramu Jamkhandi   05 January 2018

Hi .. I am confused bow

Ramu Jamkhandi   05 January 2018

Hi All, Since I am a married guy and my father made some properties ( Agriculture land) in my name and I also contributed to it.. Me and my wife are working professionals and my wife gives her all salary to me.. Now I am planning to write a will such that I want to distribute property to my parents and brother and sisters including wife and kid. So my question is does writing will work as per the will content or my wife is having complete right on those properties? please suggest me I want to write a will such that the way I want ..Any answers will be appreciated.. Thank you so much in Advance...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register