LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chethan kumar Gowda (student)     20 June 2012

Property dispute

Respected all,


I have one Query regarding ancestral property of my father, I hope you all guide me in the issue

Details are as follows:


My grandfather has 9 sons with 180+ acres of agricultural land, He passed away at 1995 later at 1996 all the uncles of mine and my father partitioned their land and made panchayth parikath mutually infront of few elders of family and everyone has signed, but till date it has not been transferred to their names, but the problem is when during some crisis my grandpa registered few property to all the sons, and the share which my dad has got in panchayth parikath have the property registerd at his brother names and vice versa, now my father wants to go for official transfer of the property mentioned in parikath kindly guide me the procedure for that and what about the property registerd at my uncles name which has come to my dad in parikath , can i get it registerd to my fathers name with parikath only, 

Expecting you needful opinion,

Kumar Gowda


 2 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     20 June 2012

It appears that a "family settlement" is arrieved at by and between all the members in the family. You can always submit the said "family settlement" along with the affidavit to the Talati cum mantri under the Land Revenue Code to mutate the entry accordingly. A family settlement has to be respected by the authorities. If the proper mutation entry is not made, you can approach the higher authority i.e. Tehsildar and the Deputy Collector for passing appropriate order in this behalf.  

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     20 June 2012

If the family settlrment do not work , suit for partition may be one of the options.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register