IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srikanth (manager)     23 October 2010


Recently i have purchased a flat about one year, but to my surprise , i found lot of cracks inside of the flat, when I contacted the builder he told that it is air crack. Please tell me is it a air crack or some other crack. Because of this crack is there is a chance of collapse of building, If i want  to crack disappear what steps can i take to safegaurd the flat.





 2 Replies

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     23 October 2010

First you have to consult a civil engineer and ask him to inspect the crack and find out whether it is a dangerous one or a simple one which can be repaired. Then only we can decide the further legal action to be taken.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 October 2010

Follow the advise of the Learnment member.  After consulting the engineer you say your builder to carry out the repair, if he didn't heed your request then issue legal notice, inspite of it buidler kept quiet file a consumer complaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query