LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (marketting manager)     30 January 2015

Promisory note money given,but the person expired now


   My grand father gave 10 lacs money to my uncle ,my uncle wrote a promisory note and they are renewing that note ,they renewd the note once,now my grand father passed away

now my uncle is saying that i do not owe any money to you at all,but we have the promisary note with us

my grand father's only child is my MOM who is a widow and she is 60 years of age,

what can we do get the money from my uncle?

is the promisary note valid after my grand father's death?




 2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     30 January 2015

The wife and children of your Grand father are the legal heirs of the property of your grand father.  Here your mother is one of the legal heir.  You have not mentioned how many legal heirs are there to your grand father.  Hence, your mother (along with other legal heirs, if any) can file a civil suit for recovery of money against your uncle. You can claim interest and legal expenses also. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 February 2015

Your mother can file a money recovery suit against him as a legal heir to your grandfather, consult a local lawyer and proceed as per his further advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query