LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

coolnati   15 November 2015

Prolonged case in high court

Respected lawyers...advise needed.I am 62 year old unmarried lady.

1.My father purchased a land 1953 in his name which is self acquired and had no parental properties.

2.He constructed a theatre in 1960 in the land,my fathers  2 brothers asked a share in profit ,so my father executed a deed dividing the profits in to 16 shares(10 for his wife and children) and 6 for his 2 brothers fora period of 20 years.

3.He cleared stated in the deed that it is his self acquired property and he didnt recieve any income from parenteral .my father has 2 sons and 5 daughters.My father died in estate with out a will

4.in 1994 we had a dispute with my cousins (father's brother's children)they claiming that they have a share in the land too,we approached the local court

5.The court gave the judgement in 2004 diving the land in to 7 shares ,stating that they have no right in my fathers self earned property

It has been 10 years in high court..our case had not been coming to bench..they are making sure that the case is not coming on to bench...we had a lawyer but he is not working in our favour i guess

MY query is

1.How long does it take for the case to come to judgemental status...right now the case status online states that the case is in final hearing 

2.what are the chances that they win the case....all the documents are in my fathers name ..even we had the link document

3.is there any good senior  lawyer in hyderabad who can handle these kind of property cases

Any advise is deeply appreciated

Learning

5 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     15 November 2015

Cases filed before regular bench of HC usually take a lot of time . As long as there is no stay over the property, there is no reason for you to worry . It is their appeal . Let them worry

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 November 2015

You have to get in touch frequently with your lawyer only. Since it is your case, you only have responsibility to pursuate it.  If he denied to continue your case, then ask him to give N.O.C. so that other lawyer can take up your case. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 November 2015

Apparently as per your impressions posted in your post, you are not with right lawyer and may consult a seasoned and able lawyer.

If the link documents, and judgment  are in english, can you post/attach these?

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     16 November 2015

1.How long does it take for the case to come to judgemental status...right now the case status online states that the case is in final hearing.

=It may take 4 to 5 years to complete the case in High Court.

2.what are the chances that they win the case....all the documents are in my fathers name ..even we had the link document.

=According to your given facts, you have good case.  But it does not mean that you do not file.  You have to engage a good and reliable lawyer. Otherwise you will lose the case.

3.is there any good senior  lawyer in Hyderabad who can handle these kind of property cases.

=I can advise few Advocate names who are very reliable having good experience in civil matter especially immovable properties. Contact me to my email  ravinder2345@gmail.com

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 November 2015

There is no need to panic on this issue to this extent. If you do not have faith in your lawyer you can always change him but since your case is reportedly being positioned to the final stage, take a cautious step on this, hasty moves may put you into more troubles.  Your case is very much in your favor, hence do not become the reason for its failure.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register