LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BANI   15 December 2016

Proffesional fees

i am a Btech graduate,recfently got an offer saying my pofessional fee will be 1 lakh per month, I was expecting the offer will; come like your monthly salary/remuneration/Basic pay/PF etc...does that mean that the I am not going to have legal rights enjoyed as an employee when needed..the total benefit in language of professional fee is actually higher than total pay including salary, PF,pension,medical,HRA etc...I am worried for the use of Pofessional Fee heading as  my rights as an employee and Income Tax implication point...Thanks

Learning

12 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 December 2016

Generically speaking: It may mean NO employer-employee relationship.

Rest you may check with the establishment that has made the offer.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 December 2016

You may go thru the comparison between Employee Vs consultant

sunty (designer)     16 December 2016

In your case you are only a Conseltent for company not an employee so you did not get any benifites which they provide his employees.

means you are a contract hire professional , one more importent point the cut around 10%+ as a TDS every month from this amount... 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 December 2016

Before accepting:'You may go thru the comparison between Employee Vs consultant'

BANI   19 December 2016

Read from old posts about the difference..I have 1.5months left to complete my tenure and the offer asks me to sign the acceptance letter and join with in 2 wks after finishing my study tenure but it also asks for a Bond of 2yrs / paying 10 L if resign during Bond, a training of  2 months when my professional fee is 5o % of the actual I will get after the training( of curse the letter asks a particular date by which I can join)..Can I change my mind to join another organisation if I get a better offer with in this 1.5 months after signing the acceptance letter...nothing is clear in that letter 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 December 2016

Avoid offers that come with condition of Bond.

BANI   19 December 2016

I asked about Bond Logic..they say we train you and depend on you to get business..when you resign it hampers our business..your replacement may not be as good as you..this to dicourage you from changing job..from my point this is giving me twice the offer tahn other prospective employers are giving...one more thing I also didnot find any clause which puts them into obligation for keeping me hired for that Bond period means they are free to ask me to leave, although I may not pay the Bond money then, but this is unfair ..but I am unable to negotiate cuz they are saying u r free to join or not join...but this is our condition...

The training that employer provides to employee ton handle its counters should be without any cost to employee.

It is felt that the company is  not providing anybtraining from any certified Instt. that shall add to your quaification.

Take help of elders of your family and your family lwyer, and a counsel specializing in labor/Service matters.

BANI   19 December 2016

Very true sir...That is inhouse training at HO..one person I know placed in other location, talked to her, even without imparting traing she was asked for the Bond Obligation..May be thats why they pay higher salary..HO is in Rajastan..where can I find whether it will come under Labour rules or not since I am hired as a Cosultant on Professional fee basis

Once yuo have signed by your free will, you have given other party a chance to notice you and approach court.

However court shall decide on merits.

Take help of elders of your family and your family lwyer, and a counsel specializing in labor/Service matters.

BANI   19 December 2016

The training that employer provides to employee ton handle its counters should be without any cost to employee...They are not Charging anything, rather giving 50% of professional fee during the so called training period...there is no Emplyer-Employee relation as I inferred from old post that you advised me to read , so how a Training to a Cosultant who is also paid Professional fee during that time suprises and cofuses me...Can it be looked in an angle of Employee-Emplyer relationship angle at time of legal contoversy

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 December 2016

The training that establishment/company need to provide ton handle its counters should be without any cost.

Why should you agree for cost/consequences  of training that won't add to your qualification?

Avoid such Bond.

Consult your elders of the family and counsel  with copy of the said Bond.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register