Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajasheker (AE)     02 August 2010

problem After Issuing A lawyer Notice for Cheque Bounce

my ex employer has given 2 cheques for my salary, those 2 cheques got bounced then i approached a lawyer to isseu A notice on his company... so my employer called me up and told me that he will give money on 1st August but he dint give money so i have sent a E-mail that why u havent pay my money and i mailed him that "i will come to ur home and i will tell all ur negibour  reg ur fraud. and i will make u shy" so my employer replyed for this mail saying that he will complaint on me for threating him, will it cause any problem to me , does it mean that  i have threaned  him , is it a reason to complaint on me .. plz give sugession



 6 Replies

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     02 August 2010

Though the contents of your mail, as stated by you, is not a threat and u will not be liable for any criminal offence, the mode adopted by u is definitely wrong. What I mean is that once you had issued legal notice, every following step has to be done through your lawyer. In between if you indulge in such actions like sending letters or e mails or going to the house of the opponent etc., not only that u will land in trouble, it will also weaken your case. Once case is handed over to a lawyer, let him decide and take the appropriate steps. Best of luck.

1 Like

Rajasheker (AE)     02 August 2010

Thank you very much.

Rajasheker (AE)     22 December 2010

Hi Mugundan,

             from above thing, after issuing lawyer notice i dint file any case againt my ex employer... later i asked him to write down a promissory note for 80 thousand rupees. but now i came to know that he vecated the flat which he use to live... now i dont have his present address so how can i file a civil case against him... i am thinking that i will publish this frud in news papers along with his photograph. is this right or will it cause me any problem. i want money at any cost so please give some sugession.

JT Rajasuriya, Chennai (Advocate 98410 53790)     25 December 2010

Your agony is understandable. You should follow the legal recourse though it may appear that moral recoure is better.

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     25 December 2010


          Now you file a case under THE NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS ACT,1881 against your erstwhile employerfor cheque bouncuing. Already your limitation for filing the case has lapsed. So, you have to file the case only after getting the delay candoned by the court. Don't worry about the threatening matter. You stop contactin your ex-employer herein after till the case of cheque bouncing is disposed of.

siddhartha shankar mishra (Lawyer)     14 January 2011

don't ever try to send any emails or any sort of things......this will rather make the whole things complicated ......go by urs lawyer advice....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register