Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RaviSK (engineer)     07 September 2011

Probate/will

Hi all,

I have issues regarding probate/Will

I myself a software Engineer settled in US .My parents and my sister are located in India.
My father who is very older man now suffering with paralaysis and said to be his last days for him.

My brother-in-law who is taking care of him recently saying he want's my father house in his name.
Earlier  my father has given other property to my sister but she has NOT wrote  any acceptance saying she was fine for the given one..
Just by oral she said i am fine with the given property.

My father know's how much I spent on that house for repairs and renuvation.so my father  wants to write a  Will on my name.
Also this was an father's self earned property.

Hear are my querys.

--> If my father write's a will on my name do that will stand's on my name for ever.
--> As I know the Will which was retturn latest would be a vaild one.

I am afraid,my brother-in-law forcefully makes a will in his name at the final days of my father.
As i am in US I don't know what they might do.

Is there any way where I can make a WIll which would be vaild for me for ever.?

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     07 September 2011

if you want transfer without any intereferenc then your father made gift the property to you, because gift immediately transfer, but both are signed the gift deed and register. if possible to come and done, will is after death of father you will become the owner, same time once give the will to you, laterly made another will by way of threatning ( unless prooved ) the last will is become the owner. where in india your father ? chennai ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register