Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANDEEP KUMAR   10 March 2021

Private college not issuing experience and reliving letter

Hello sir, I was working with private College as a lecturer, recently resigned from my position, but they denied to issue reliving letter and experience letter. Without relieving letter I will b unable to join another College. I raised this issue to labour commissioner through mail. He asked there is no provision in law for this issue , he only help in termination or salary issue. Or submit any proof of law/act for above mentioned issue. Request to all respected Advocates plz help me with law/Act for same , so I can submit printout to labour commissioner. Thanking you


 3 Replies

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     11 March 2021

As far as I know, there is no law which can compel a management to issue relieving / experience letter. The Labour Commissioner is right.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 March 2021

You can take chance by filing a Writ Petition in the High Court on the ground that action/omission of the College Management amounts to denial of Right to Livelihood.

1 Like

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     11 March 2021

Completely agree with advice of Mr. Venu. You can supplement your claim by citing other documents like  Letter o appointment/ promotion ,Pay Slip, EPF slip/ UIN ,Increment letter etc.




















1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register