LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ragz hyder (PM)     09 June 2014

Presence in final decress

Basically had 498A. Gave 20 lacs of a signed agreed amount of 25 lacs. case withdrawn against all family members and myself

Now when submitting petition for divorce the girl is insisting I be present ( I am abroad). How can I escape this?

She has signed divorce papers and Father has Power of Attorney. I was told I was not needed until she started insisting in court.

She has signed an affidavit saying she will be cooperating in all respectes for divorce. Does this not violate those terms?

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 June 2014

For divorce petiton, both the parties that is husband and wife must be present in the court of law. No other person represent to the husband or wife. 

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     09 June 2014

For filing mcd both parties husband and wife must be present physically in the court .

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     11 June 2014

On the date of the 2nd motion i.e. the date when the decree of divorce will be passed, both the parties shall have to be present before the Judge.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 June 2014

Both the parties, i.e., husband and wife are to be present before the court atleast during the second motion of the mutual consent divorce unless the judgement will not be pronounced, hence do not be very stubborn or adamant to not to see her again, fly  back to attend the court for your own benefit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register