LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     22 December 2009

practice in more than one state ?????

can an advocate practice  more than one state???

for example i am from guj. and will get degree from guj. whether i can practice in bombay district court or tamil also or not???


 5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     22 December 2009

 If you have a valid SANAD you can practise in any court in India.

1 Like

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     22 December 2009

thank you


However on record you will have to take the assitance of a local advocate. e.g. filing Vakalatnama, you cannot file your vakalatnama in other states.

1 Like

niranjan (civil practice)     22 December 2009

I think you have to get yourself enrolled in the respective bar council.Though court normally do not disallow outsider advocate but if you have to practise continuously,you should get registration.

1 Like

Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Advocate)     23 December 2009

I think the relevant provision is section 30 of the Advocates Act, 1961

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register