We (legal heirs) want to sell a plot purchased by my father who has died in 2004(intestate). We are 5 (mother and 4 children) of us. My sister is an NRI. The property is in Tamilnadu. We want to sell the property. I have the following questions?
1. Does all 5 of us has to sign the Sale deed and present at the Register office for registration?
2. As NRI heir cannot travel for this purpose (cost of the travel is more than the cost of her share) whether she can give power of attorney to any one of us? or giving POA in the name of my mother is cheaper and better.
3. Can the power of attorney be notarised at her place or does it necessarily has to be attested by Indian Embassy (as it is far off and tedious procedure).
4. Is her photo must and attested by the Notary in the POA?
5. Whether the POA needs to be registered/adjudicated at the Distrrict Register office?
6. Is there any other simple way of authorising one of us to sign on behalf of her in the sale deed.
Thanks in advance