Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   08 October 2022

post construction approval letter from muncipal corporation

dear learned advocates

I demolished my existing house and built 2 storey building on it ariubd 6 years without obtaining the construction approval from the muncipal corporation in my city.

last month the muncipal corporation rep visited my house and took the measurements of all the rooms below and 1st floor. He asked me to visit corporation office with the drawings and approval letter of the corporation if I have. I met the section officer of the building construction division of corporation and told him that I didn't took prior approval of the corporation to construct and also brought to his notice that almost 99.99% of house owners built news houses without corporation construction approval and why I am only targeted.

Furthermore the corporation guy demanded through my builder rs.60000 to regularise the case and charged Penalty and revised the property tax to Rs 15,000 for the financial year 2022-2023. But so far the corporation is not issuing me the post construction approval letter.

I would like to seek the expert opinion on this case with reference to the Maharashtra corporation act etc. on how to get the post construction regularition letter from corporation

thank you in advance for your quick response

Best regards

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 October 2022

Without approval, the construction is unlawful. The matter could be got regularised by paying the penalty. 

It is no lawful excuse that other owners have taken the due permit for construction/reconstruction. Please note that Law does not assure equality in illegality.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   09 October 2022

Dear Sir 

Thanks for the valuable information and legal advice.

Buy I already paid penalty of Rs 15000  to the corporation for construction without prior approval but the corporation only issued revised property tax bill and not post construction approval letter.

Best regards 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More