Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 February 2009

Police hidding of seized documents from the accused:

Can the investigating police Officer refused to furnish seized documents such as vehicle documents from the accused on demand by the accused counsel?


 6 Replies

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     01 February 2009

please clarify as to in which offence the documents were seized and were they seized as Muddemal Article. Whether the seizure has been reported to the Magistrate concerned. Ordinarily, you will have to make application to the concernced court for return of property articles seized during investigation.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 February 2009

Allegation of theft of vehicle where vehicle along with the documents were seized but even the court is not aware of the seized documents.

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     01 February 2009

In fact police ought to have informed the court about the seizure. Anyway you may make application to Court for return of the documents as provided by sec. 457 or 451 of Cr. P.C as the case may be. Normally the court will ask you to furnish a bond for production of the articles as and when required.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     02 February 2009

Approach the court with a petition for causing the production of document

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 February 2009

Dear Sureshji and Palnitkarji, thank you so much for the valuable contributions.

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     02 February 2009

Advice of Mr.K.C. Suresh is perfect one.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query