Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

r vasudevan capt (visiting faculty )     10 October 2014


my father appointed my wife with power of attorney in 2002,to enable transfer of  house owned by him to me , this was done in presence of a sub registrar (since my father was immobile ),and two witnesses.and documented

The transfer was executed and registered without any hitch in 2002 itself.

Recently . when we went to civic authorities  to obtain plan approval for floor  addition it was realised that my wife`s name had been mispelt in the POA  , my father is no more ,the original  two witness have signed a fresh affidavit  that the name was misspelt inadvertantly

but aouthrities refuse to accept , and state that all siblings also must  give a  affidavit   . my sister has also given an affidavit but my brother has refused .

what recourse do i have


 1 Replies

V M DAHAKE (PROPRIETOR)     10 October 2014

Dear Sir,

 It is not clear why POA is needed now after 12 years when property is already registered in your name. You should apply in your own name for  permission for one more floor.

POA otherwise also gets extinguished on the death of POA executor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query