LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shipra (house wife)     07 December 2011

Pls help

My name is shipra...my neighbour (Priya) was sentenced to life imprisonment by sessions court last saturday for a crime she did not commit. The case is : Priya is responsible for murdering her maid, parameswari by burning her. The maid has given a dying declaration in front of the police, doctor and magistrate. The defence lawyer is advocate Shashi and prosecutor is M.Prabhavathi. I am posting the article which came on the 4th of december 2011after the hearing....

CHENNAI: A woman from Choolaimedu on Saturday was sentenced to life imprisonment by the sessions court for the murder of her house maid. S Rajagopalan, sessions judge, fourth additional city civil court, passed the order.

The victim, Parameshwari, used to work as a domestic help in 32-year-old Priya's house at Sankarapuram Street, for a monthly salary of Rs 2,000. Additional public prosecutor M Prabhavathi, who appeared for the state, established that there were frequent quarrels between the two as Priya did not give her maid her salary on time. Parameshwari had also taken a loan of Rs 15,000 from Priya that she had not repaid which escalated the issue.

Pls help the family and advice us on what has to be done....

Shipra

Learning

1 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 December 2011

Hmmm,

the way out is appeal.

And based on such small facts which you have stated, no solid advise can be given.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register