Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Krishna Singh (na)     28 January 2012

Please help - survey for rti

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a first year student of LLB Course at GLC. I am working on a project titled – Socio-Legal impact of Right to Information with particular reference to state commission, Maharashtra

In this background, we are seeking response from people (respondents) that have been using RTI for sourcing information. 
Given this context, I am giving below a small set of queries for your response at the earliest.

The project report along with the findings will be submitted to the College faculty for assessment.

Would request if you could spare some time in filling this questionnaire. Also, I would be grateful if you could provide us the contact details of some other people, who have filed application under RTI.

The Questions are very simple & interesting as you can see below and will not take more than a minute.

Q1) Where did you come to know about the RTI Act?

Q2) Are you aware of the issues or areas one can use the RTI Act?

1.Yes                                                       2.No

Q3. Which of these issues or areas have you/ would like to use the RTI Act for yourself or your      family?   

1. Education related information (e.g. school/college mark-sheet related information, scrutiny of examination papers
  2. Quasi judicial information (municipal bodies, civic departments, Panchayats).
  2. Government Ministries’/ Departments operation related information (fuel, electricity, passports, water, telephone, law & order, fire, medical etc.)
  3. Taxation related issues (Income tax, sales tax, excise/custom duty, etc.)
  4. Information about business needs (e.g. business clearances/ licenses, bank dealings etc.)

Q4.  Have you ever tried to seek information from a Government Organization or Department?

1.Yes                                                       2.No

Q5.  Do you have any apprehensions in using this Act?

Apprehensions

1.  I need more knowledge about the Act

2. It requires a lot of hassle to file an application

3.   I will get into trouble for seeking information about Government bodies

4.  It would require a lot of visits to the concerned office of PIO/APIO

5.  Any Other (Please specify)

Q6.  Do you know you can file your RTI application online?

1. Yes                                                       2. No

Q7. Are you aware to whom the application should be address to and where you have to submit it

1. Yes                                                       2. No

Q8. Are you aware that there are many Government agencies and NGOs working to help the appellants file a complaint and follow up.

1.Yes                                                       2. No

Q9. Are you aware that you can file a first appeal within 30 days from the day of receiving the           information, if the information provided to you is incomplete or no information is provided at all?  

1.Yes                                                       2. No

Q10. Are you aware that you can file a second appeal within 90 days from the day of receiving the information after filing the first appeal to the concerned SIC or directly to the CIC, if the information provided to you is incomplete or no information is provided?

1.Yes                                                       2.No

Q11. What suggestions do you have to encourage citizen’s use this act?

a)      There should be a facilitation centre to give details regarding the process of filing an RTI application.

b)      There should a user manual/guide present in every Department where RTI applications are filed

c)       Advertisements in television/newspaper etc.

d)      Prominent display in all Government offices spreading awareness about the RTI Act

Any Other (Please specify)

Any other experience you would like to share with us regarding your knowledge or utility of Right To Information Act:

Thanks and regards,
Krishna Singh

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register