Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian Student   19 March 2021

Please help me if you can ( i am a student)

Sir/madam, 

I am an Indian student currently pursuing my final year final semester in bachelors of Technology. I am from poor family and my father died when at my very young age. As I have got an internship in final semester, my university changed (in ERP they didn't change) my final year project to internship from February. Till January I have done my project. They have mentioned that the internship marks will be taken in this semester. On march 15th the company told I have been removed from the internship. I have went to the university for requesting to change me from internship category to project and I assured them I will complete my project in time. They told I have done a mistake and they will detain me. My mother begged the head of the department to kindly understand the situation and kindly change. The other professors told me to sit in front of his cabin everyday for the month so that he will change his mind and provide the solution. The head of the department even informed the other faculty to not to put summer term for me and I have to attend another semester again. I am a good student with good CGPA and I not even once I have written the same test again, I never had any backlog in my life. I know getting an opportunity at a company is great but I really did my best. The head of the department told i have messed up and they will detain me as I got bad name in company for not performing my best, but they are not carign about my career. I will get an fail in last semester. My family scolded me and beat me blaming me that I did this to myself and spoiled my career. I dont know how to solve this and I have lost hope on life and my family is blaming me instead of giving me a solution. I am getting thoughts to kill myslef since yesterday but I can't. Please help me if you can. 

( I am not sharing the college details or my details because I don't want to get into trouble)

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 March 2021

There may also be good and kind persons in the internship company.   Take a chance and meet that company official that can overrule the comments made by his subordinate and permit you to continue the internship so that the problem can be solved.  Personally meet and convince company executives, which is the only way to bring a logical conclusion.  You can also take your father or someone that can convince the company on likely loss to you due to their unkind gesture.

You can not get legal guidance as there is no legal problem involved.

You can also file this as an online grievance in UGC and AICTE websites so that they may direct your college to explore options to save an academic year.  If the rules permit definitely UGC/AICTE can definitely help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register