LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ruba (same)     25 February 2010

PF withdrawal

My husband was working for a pharmaceutical company in a middle management position in sales. He was put under tremendous pressure and he had resigned from services on 22nd of October 09. As he is yet to get a suitable job, now when he has asked the company to settle is october months salary for what he has worked and the expense reimbursement of september and october where the total pending is around Rs 45,000.00. He has sent several mails to the Director marking a copy to the accounts department but no reply. My queries are

1. how to get the settlement from the company as the company is based in Mumbai and we live in Tamil nadu and they have mentioned in the appointment letter that all legal proceeding only in Mumbai jurisdiction.

2. Is there any possiblity of widhdrawing the PF amount with out going to the company. We have the PF account No as the company has not sent the PF papers of many staffs to PF authorities.

Eagerly expecting replies which really help us in this critical moment.




 2 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     25 February 2010

First issue a legal notice to the company to settle the dues.  There are many cases that without entering into ligitations, many parties settle the issue in stage of the legal notices itself.  Sometimes the company to avoid litigations may pay the amount to you.  Only extreme cases are taken into litigations. So issue a legal notice first.


Regarding PF dues, file a complaint before the PF commissioner in mumbai and seek settlement of PF dues.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     25 February 2010

Write to Central Provident Fund Commissioner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register