IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Kumar Karumuri (Asst.Manager (H.R & Admin))     30 May 2008

PF contribution

Hello everybody.

My wife was working as a teacher in an high school and left it on healthgrounds after 4

yrs of service. She used to get her salary in terms of cash and the Mgt used to collect Rs.350/- every month towards P.F.,seperately. Now we were shocked to see that the PF contribution was shown as Rs.100/- from employee side and Rs.100/- from Mgt side for the entire 4 yrs, on the face of the withdrawal form.   On questioning the same, the Mgt is avoiding under one pretex or other and the same is been repeating since one month. What shall we do?

Can anyone suggest us the line of action.  Plz note there is no evidence for the contribution being paid by my wife. kindly help.



 3 Replies

What is the documentation with you to show that they were deducting Rs.350/- as PF. Do you have a salary slip or othr papers to show that the deduction of the said amount was made. In case you have proof for deduction, you can take both criminal (cheating) and Civil(Recovery) action against the school.

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     31 May 2008

As it appears, it will not be an isolate case. There should be more staff working in the school. If the management is stooped so low in morality then it might be practising similar dishoonesty in other cases also. Look for concrete evidence and then file a criminal case under section 406/420 of IPC .

Guest (n/a)     01 June 2008

Thanks for the advise. as i told there is no evidence. it was a practice to collect from all the teachers. it has to come to lime light as she quit the job

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query