Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M. Kannan (Consultant)     03 August 2011

Percentage of share in father's property to daughters

Mr. X expired in 1977 in Bangalore in Karnataka intestate without leaving any will. He has a wife, 2 sons and 2 daughters. One daughter expired before getting married. One son expired after marriage leaving his wife and 3 daughters.

Ist Son has his wife and  3 major sons.

2nd Son(Expired) has his wife and 3 minor daughters.

Daughter has her husband, 3 major sons and 3 major daughters.

Now the 1200 Sft built up property is under the possession of  Mr. X's wife and his son.

How the property is to be shared? Explain the percentage of share each has to get?


 4 Replies

KARUNAKARAN (ADVOCATE)     03 August 2011

It will depend upon personal laws applicable. specify which is the personal law applicable to the parties. particularly whether Hindu, munslim or christian.

M. Kannan (Consultant)     05 August 2011


KARUNAKARAN (ADVOCATE)     05 August 2011


Incase the daughter who is expired is a predeceased daughter,  property of X to be divided into 4 shares. Out of which, Wife of X will get one share. Children of X who are alive will one share each. Wife and children of deceased son  together will get one share. In the case of daughter is deceased after the death of Mr . X the property is to be divided into five shares and the wife of X will take two shares remaining will take one share each.


raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     05 August 2011

dear m kannan ji .

property is self acquired by ur father or he get from his parents .?

if property is self acuired the property is diveded equally with the share of 2 sons ,2daughters and also the widow wife .if the mishappen i daughter and 1 son expired there share go to their legal hire clearly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query