Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirupam Dewanji (Member)     03 November 2014

Pension over payment

Dear Sir,

My father was a retired railway employee who got his pension after retirement in the year 2000 and died on 2003.

After that my mother informed the bank and the pension become family pension and my mother drew her family pension then on wards.

Suddenly on last month bank inform her verbally that bank made over payment to her for last several years and she have to deposit the excess amount as soon as possible other wise they will stop her pension.

Now.

1) Is bank able to stop the payment pf pension by informing her by a letter to recover the excess money?

2) My mother is unable to pay the amount at once rather she can repay by monthly basis can it be possible.

3) What action can bank taken to recover the excess payment? 

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 November 2014

The bank is only the agent of the Railways. In case they make an overpayment they will be answerable to the Government. Depending on how the overpayment was made the bank itself or the concerned employee/s will be held responsible. Your mother would be eligible for payment only until her death, which can happen at any time. Hence how can a scheme of repayment can be drawn up? Let your mother or her representative meet the appropriate bank official and discuss what can be done. They may stop further payment of pension. If not repayment your mother will have to live without receiving further payment until the overpaid amount is recovered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register