LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SURESH G   02 December 2021

Patta for anadeenam

Dear Experts,

We have a agriculture land of around 2 acer which is being used for last 60 years in the classification of Anadeenam Punjai. We have tried to get a patta for the same. As i took encumbrance certificate for the same same survey no. to see the old enjoyment and apply patta unfortunately no records found since 1901 to 2021. Since last sixty years B Memo recorded under my Mother's Name. Where there is no patta issued for the particular survey no. so far shall we consider that it is not come under Anadeenam classification and can i apply patta for the same land? Will it be accepted by the government and can i get a patta for the same? or Is there any other way to get a patta? or will not have a chance to get a patta? Kindly guide me.

Thanks, SureshG.

 1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 December 2021

Anadheenam land means the land for which patta has been issued by revenue department , but he land was not claimed by the owner for long time and taxes were not paid for long time by the original pattadhar. These lands are therefore possessed by the Govt til the original owner claims it. (cf It is observed from the decision of the Madras High Court in G. Subba Reddy VS Commissioner of Land administration (decision dt. 09-09-2015) ( subba Reddy) that if an application for reassignment of the land is rejected by the Tahasildar, an appeal lies to the District Revenue Officer as per the GO MS. No. 385 Revenue Department. dt. 17-08-2004. Hence you may apply for reassignment of the land in your favor to the Tahasildar. If he refuses you may file appeal before the Distrct Revenue Officer.under the above GO MS.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query