LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nandanduttachaudhury   28 March 2015

Passport place of birth verification.

I am an Engineering student and I have applied for a passport. But now I am facing a problem. My problem is that my birth place is Darjeeling(West Bengal) and my current address is Andul, Dist.-Howrah(West Bengal). I recently viewed my passport status from their website and it says that :"Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office." They even emailed me to provide my full address of place of birth. And so I did, I sent them a registered post providing my full address of birth place. But still now my status shows the same thing that is "Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office." What should I do now?

Learning

3 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     28 March 2015

Where did they send the papers for Police verification. They will not send to the place of birth. Police verification shall be sent to the present address as provided by you. Whether any Police Official came to your house or you received intimation from the Police Station to go to them with papers. You may contact the Police Station where the papers were sent for verification, duly taking a copy of the Passport Status to show them.

nandanduttachaudhury   28 March 2015

Sir, the police didn't come in my house, I was asked to go to the police station. I showed them all the document which they asked for, they even took some xerox. And when they saw my birth certificate they told me that Darjeeling was not under their jurisdiction, so they cannot send any verification about my place of birth. And when I saw my status "Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office." I immediately informed them(police), they told me that now they(police) can't do anything, and they advised me to contact RPO. And in the mean time RPO emailed me that I should send the proper address of my place of birth, and so I send them(RPO) a registered letter providing the details of my place of birth. And I must also inform you that in my Birth certificate, the place of my birth is written but only street name town and district is written, and there is no mention of the name of nursing home. And I have came to know that I was born in a private nursing home and now I really don't know whether that nursing home is still there or not. What should I do now if the RPO officials ask me about the nursing home?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2015

You can make an affidavit giving the details what you have stated here and submit it to the passport authorities, seek their advise on further issue in person on an appointment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register