LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourabh   12 February 2020

Party in person

Respected Members,

   My wife has given me threats on Whats app to kill me and my daughter who in the custody of my wife. 

we both are fighting our cases, I have filed Marriage anullment case and 420 case against her and she has filed 498, 125, and 2 other cases against me.. 

But last month she has sent msg on whatsapp about to kill me and my daughter. For the same action i have made a complaint to the Police station but no action has been taken by the Police in the complaint. 

So I want to File the Complaint case in the Court... for that I want to file the as party in person... 

Please help me for filing the case... if anyone have the list of documents to be submitted at the filling of case in court. 

I want to File the case in Delhi Saket Court. 


 7 Replies

Adv.Balachander Reddy ( Advocate IPR Attorney Human Rights Defender and RTI Activist)     12 February 2020

Sir, you can prefer a private complaint to a Magistrate court having jurisdiction, with a prayer to issue a direction to cioncerned Police station, to investigate and regsister an FIR. However, its the discretion of the concerned Magistrate to allow the same or reject, if prima facie case is not made out.

You need to have all the supporting documents including the complaint made to PS, in support of your case.

Thanking you

Balachander Reddy



Sourabh   12 February 2020

 I need a sample copy of the Petition and Application to present a party in person.. 

If possible please share 

Adv.Balachander Reddy ( Advocate IPR Attorney Human Rights Defender and RTI Activist)     12 February 2020

No drafts shall be provided in this platform. If you need you can engage services of an advocate sir to do the needful.

NRI Legal Consultants (Lawyer )     12 February 2020


Sir, You can file the criminal complaint against your wife and attach all the proofs you have with respect to threats issued like call details, whatsapp messages and history of ongoing litigation. If you will attach all the said proofs then Magistrate will accept on the basis of prima facie (on the face of it) offence.

For further clarifications, please contact us at 

Sourabh   12 February 2020

under which section the case will be registered..


TGK REDDI   12 February 2020

You need not draft a Complaint.    You need not know any Section of either the Cr. P. C. or the I. P. C.    Stand before the Presiding Officer with whatever the evidence available with you.     Answer the questions the Presiding Officer puts.

Complaint will be made by the Court and will get your signature.     Even thumb impression is entertained in the case of an illiterate.

Even if you don't have any proof or evidence, the Court is not supposed to reject your prayer but, then, you can't be a party-in-person.     The matter will be referred to the police and State will be the Complainant.

Experts!     I invite your criticism.     I don't like indecent rebuttals.


Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     13 February 2020

Complaint shall be filed under section 190 of Criminal Procedure Code.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query