Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipen   22 November 2016

Party-in-person

Hi Expert,

I wanted to fight the case as Party-in-person. Can I send my written statement to Hon’ble Supreme Court of India via speed post or registered post?

Please suggest?

Learning

11 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     22 November 2016

Send by registered post. If you appreiate this answer please convey my forum thnaks by clicking thanks.

fighter (Software professional)     22 November 2016

You have to file an application before court for fighting your case party in person.For deciding the aplication,Learned registrar will intract you.After intraction you may be allowed for party in person.I am also contesting my case party in person in hon'ble supreme court of india.

sai narayana   22 November 2016

Originally posted by : Ms.Usha Kapoor
Send by registered post. If you appreiate this answer please convey my forum thnaks by clicking thanks.

Is it allowed to send our written statement/coutner etc to court through post instead of submitting them in person??

Sachin (N.A)     22 November 2016

Mr fighter is correct.

Dipen   23 November 2016

Dear Expert,

My query is :

Is it allowed to send our written statement/coutner etc to court through registered post instead of submitting them in person? Please suggest.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 November 2016

You can contest as party-in-person and send your documents through speed post, courier or any other mode. However, it would be purely at your risk and consequence, which is bound to be disasterous. 

UDHAY GOSWAMI (NASIK)     23 November 2016

SIR, I M 2 ND YEAR STUDENT OF LAW, CAN I FACE MY 498 CASE AS LAWYER FOR QUASHING(498) IN HIGH COURT 

Sachin (N.A)     23 November 2016

Originally posted by : Umesh
SIR, I M 2 ND YEAR STUDENT OF LAW, CAN I FACE MY 498 CASE AS LAWYER FOR QUASHING(498) IN HIGH COURT 

You should start a new thread,

Anyways you can represent yourself.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 November 2016

A party in-person may totally illetrate, it do not make a difference, except resulting in disasterous orders.

However, a second year law student should have posed this question on his/her tutor and not for experts, they are doing a "social service" taking out time from their busy professional schedule. It is bad, absurd and ridiculous, if not stupidity.

(Guest)

Any litigant or student should not take risk of fighting his or her case party in person.

One thing is, judges dont encourage such, secondly, judges dont seem to look into sections etc and offer relief, all that work has to be be done by litigant.  If proper section is not applied and asked under relief, results of it also are disastrous, it become one more headache in addition to the existing one, again go for apppeal etc.  Better hire services of advocate.

Sachin (N.A)     24 November 2016

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !
Any litigant or student should not take risk of fighting his or her case party in person.

One thing is, judges dont encourage such, secondly, judges dont seem to look into sections etc and offer relief, all that work has to be be done by litigant.  If proper section is not applied and asked under relief, results of it also are disastrous, it become one more headache in addition to the existing one, again go for apppeal etc.  Better hire services of advocate.

On the contrary I think every citizen should aware of legal procedure of his/her country and represent himself . 

I dont understand what are you trying to say. ' judges dont encourage " 

I am representing myself for years and not even a single judge encouraged or discouraged me they simply gave decision on merits.

Moreover, if a literate person thinks that he/she can understand the legal points and the merits of case, one should go for it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register