LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (Employee)     28 March 2015

Partition of joint proerty

Dear Sir/Madam, I had purchased house wherein i kept joint name of my mother in House and loan. This loan was partly paid by me and partly by my parents.I and my brother used to reside together, now when we are getting aparted what care should i take i am willing to give 50% share to him. I also have one sister. can you please advise i am planning to keep house with me only. What letter or deed should i make and is there any registration required for any such consent letters. Thanks, Deepak

 2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 March 2015

since the house is on  you and your mothers name you both have 50% share in the said property wherein your brother or sister doesnt have any share in it unless your  mother decides to will or gift her 50% share to them.if you want to keep the house on your name alone then your mother should gift you her 50% or  she must relinguish her rights in the 50% share in favour of you

Deepak (Employee)     30 March 2015

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the reply, since we were residing as joint family i want to give share to my brother (basis mutual understanding with my family) but i just want to make sure that i do not make any mistakes while doing so which can create trouble for me. so can you please help me out?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query