Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

have_question (Home)     17 April 2011

Partition of in herited property

Hi,

My father has 4 brothers. They all inherited property from my Grand-Father. My Grand-father rented a property long back -- more than 20  years ago. At that time , my grand father kept Rent-Bill-Book in name of his all sons.

So, there is 1 Rent-Bill-Book for each son. Now, the no. of tenants allcated to each son is not equal. My Grandfather had allocated tenants to each son's Rent-Bill-Book on ad-hoc basis. At that time , when my father queired about this in-equality , then my grand father told him that "he will equaly devided the rented property to his all son in near future. and the current allocation is temporary". But this is all verbal discussion.

My Grand Father died on 1998. My grandfather does have any will. My grand father died before doing this partition.

Now my father and his siblings would like to go for a partition. But my uncles are saying , the partion will be done as per the current allocation of tenenat on each Rent-Book. In that case , it would not be an equal partition. My father has 4 tenants and one of my uncle has 7 tenants.

Could you please provide your analysis in this case?

Regards,

Have_question

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     17 April 2011

you can file a case partition suit through court, so will get equal share's

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 April 2011

Go for suit for generl partition and seperte possession. 

mamta kaura wadehra (lawyer)     18 April 2011

file a suit for partition

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register