Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rishabh parekh (Employee)     18 January 2016

Part time law course

Dear all,

I done my graduation from mumbai university and want to do Part time LLB & LLM course,

i am also doing job.

So can you suggest me which college is best for me and is it benificial or not ??/

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 January 2016

LL.B is a full time regular course .

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 January 2016

Distance Education Courses, Correspondence Courses or courses under Open University program offered by National Law School of India University Distance Education Department, Bangalore and its study centres or PCP centres (if applicable). If you are looking for information onRegular (Full Time/Part Time/Evening) University programs, please visit National Law School of Indian University Bangalore courses page.

Ramanuj   29 April 2017

I think your only option is to do a part time course or online course. LLB is only full time. However, if you want to learn some law before you take the plunge or want to acquire practical legal knowledge that will help you in your daily work as a professional, LLB is not exactly something may help you. It is only for those who intend to practice law as the primary career.

However, there are certain long term courses you can pursue. If you want to learn business law or corporate law, for example, doing an MBL from NLSIU or MA in Business Laws (9 specializations available) from NUJS, Kolkata may be a better idea. 

Depending on your interest, it may also suffice to just do a one-year diploma course focusing on business laws/corporate law. 

Let me tell you a bit about the MA in Business law course from NUJS. It is fully online and can be pursued from anywhere in the world. The following specializations are available:

M&A, investment law, finance laws

Cyber law and intellectual property laws

Corporate Governance and Statutory compliances

Negotiation, Alternative Dispute Resolution etc.

Banking, Insurance and Financial Services

Securities Law, Capital Markets

Competition Law

Energy Law

International Trade and Cross Border Transactions

There is no need to travel anywhere and you can do these courses online. However, since UGC has not yet come up with guidelines regarding online degree courses, these online degree courses are not yet recognized by UGC. However, there is good reputation of the university as well as the courses due to heavy involvement of top legal experts as industry-academia panel members, also great profiles of past students. These courses are not suitable if one intends to do PhD or teach law - but otherwise for those who want additional learning, qualification, expertise and recognition in the industry, these courses serve an excellent purpose.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register