Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghav Shukla (Consultant)     28 July 2011

Parental Property dispute

Dear forum,

First of all I must acknowledge and appreciate your advice on legal matter

My father and mother both passed away few years back.

My elder brother got my father’s job (in a bank) and recently started cornering me and my younger sister.

I am a US resident and my Sister is a renowned government doctor in a different state.
We both never thought that he would cheat on us until recently,

My sister told me that she signed an affidavit kind of thing(stamp paper) unknowingly stating that she has no interest in my parent’s house.

Now, I noticed that my portion in house is locked (by me) but my brother recently has started creating issues with people I send to check on or rent to.

1. Can me and my sister sell 2/3 portion of the house to a 3rd person?
  2. what if my brother has already done dakhil khariz in my absence
  3. Can my brother force me and my sister not to sell (like any court stay order)
  4. What’s is the value of the affidavit my sister signed, can she reclaim her share?
  5. Can I add my name in Nagar Nigam so he doesn't do any fraud?
  6. Can I get a restraining order from them from police station or court for any possible physical abuse?
  7. I believe, my brother has taken advantage of his position in his job at the same bank where my parent’s kept their savings and commenced some fraud without let me or my sister knowing of real savings. What can we do about it?

Learning

1 Replies

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     30 July 2011

Dear raghav,

In case of  absence of a WILL   your  brother  alone  cannot  inherit  the  property.     All  the  siblings  will have  equal  share  on  it.           your brother  will  not  have any exclusive rights on it.    U can  file  a  partition  suit  in  the  jurisdictional  court   for  seperate  possession  of  your  share.       As  per  your sister's right is  concerned  we  need  to  go through  the copy of  the  affidavit   what  is  stated  there  and  whether  that document  is registered  or not  relinquishing  her  right.    She  has  to  file  a  suit  again  for  partition  along  with you  and  prove  that  her  signature  is  taken   by  fraud  or   mis representation of  the facts  in the  affidavit. 

For  any more  clarification  u can  revert  back to me   on  sohan1912@rediffmail.com  or  on 9845285555.

Warm Regards.

Mahadeva  Rao G.   ADVOCATE,  9845285555,     BANGALORE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register