LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji   16 August 2020

Pan number error on sale deed

Sir, Im NRI purchased apartment 4 years back,recently i noticed that my pan number mistyped ! But my copy of pancard attached with saledeed .This will be issue in future or if i submit the document for visa purpose will create issue ?how can i sort out the issue .please advise. Thank you.

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 August 2020

Remember that those material facts that are essential to such sale deed must only find due place and importance.   The PAN No. may be the ID or at the most mandatory for informing sale transaction and not material to the transaction of sale deed.  Forget about minor mistake as there is no violation of any terms of legally valid contract.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     17 August 2020

Same document contains the image of your PAN card and it differs with the PAN number "typed" therein where there is s typographical error. If you wish you can get a rectification deed for which you need to approach the Registrar. As already stated by Shri Prasad it will not invalidate the sale in any manner.

However, whether the Visa issuing authorities will accept the discrepancy is the worry. This nobody can forecast as they not even notice the difference or even if they notice, they may accept your explanation. You may consult  a Visa consultant and get the opinion and also go through the Visa issuing policy guidelines to know more about the matter.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 August 2020

Never specifically point out to anyone and treat that you have noticed just then after such pointing out..   Once you make such attempts the issue gets complicated for a simple assumed typographical error.  No Visa Authorities go into details of any documents for validity and even if he compares (not even .001%possibility) nothing can invalidate the deed which is not concerned with VISA issue.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     17 August 2020

1. IF the Agreement was duly registered before the local Registrar of Sub-Assurances and your digital photo and thumb print are recorded in the agreement, THEN the agreement is final & irrefutable for all futuristic legal purposes, irrespective of any error due to PAN card number or whatever....

2. Registrar of Sub-Assurances, is a constitutional authority and any document registered under his sign & seal is legally final, for all purposes.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 August 2020

How is that the sale deed is connected with VISA?

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     18 August 2020

Better to register rectification deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register