Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shahnawaz Shaikh   24 November 2018

Pagdi system lae

Dear Sir/Madam

I stay in Mumbai pagdi house. My father is expired few months ago and I have four sisters and one younger brother. So as per padgi system is daughter also have rights in house as all are married and on whose name the house will be transferred. Do we have to pay heavy amount to landlord for transfer of ownership

Learning

7 Replies

Shahnawaz Shaikh   26 November 2018

can I get advise for the above

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     27 November 2018

In Maharashtra in a pagdi system tenancy you are only a tenant and have rights of residence only. All direct blood relatives of the tenant can reside at the property. The landlord may or may not agree to change the name on the rent receipt, you should not agree to pay anything for the change of name on the rent receipt. Your tenancy rights are protected under the Maharashtra Rent Act 1999 even if the name on the rent receipt is not changed. You will be well advised to preserve all the evidences of your stay at the property.

Shahnawaz Shaikh   27 November 2018

Hi Kishor Sir ,

Thanks for the valuable advise. From the above sentences it means the property cannot be sold by the person staying in padgi house even if the house is in name of father ?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     27 November 2018

The resident can not sale the rented premises, however his tenancy rights can be transfered with the approval and consent of the landlord.

Shahnawaz Shaikh   28 November 2018

can my sisters demand for money as part in property of pagdi house as the elelctic bill comes in name of father ?

Shahnawaz Shaikh   29 November 2018

can I get reply ?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 November 2018

You should settle the matter mutually.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register