Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sam (Software development Advisor)     04 August 2011

Owner not giving origional of rental aggrement.

I taken a new house on rent with 1.20 lakh as deposit amount.

I created the rental aggreement with the Owner on 200 rs Stamp paper.

And owner has taken the formal copy of that document and Owner is not giving me origional document of that aggrement and has just given me the Xerox.

I have 30,000 Rs check remaining to get encashed.

As owner is not giving me origional copy of rent aggrement. Should i vacate the house ? and stop the payment of 30,000/- remaining check

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 August 2011

ARe you in possession of the house?  if you are in possession then don't vacate it even owner said you to vacate.

sam (Software development Advisor)     04 August 2011

ya i am in the possession of the house. but should i stop check unless owner gives me origional rent aggrement. Also, owner added one clause in the rent aggrement. how it may affect me incase i don't vacate the house.

1.     In the event of Tenant not vacating the premises as required under the terms of the agreement, without prejudice to the right to recover from the Tenant double the license fee as provided under the Karnataka State Rent Control Act, the Tenant shall be liable to pay in addition a sum of Rs.500/-(five hundred only) per day as and by way of damages.

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     06 August 2011

First of all  dont  believe or  rely  on any  one  in  any  transaction   however small  the  transaction.    It is a common practice  to issue  cheque  for  the  Advance amount  to be credited into owners  account  and  the same  should  be  mentioned  in the  rental  agreement.    As  the  expert  Advocate Rajeev  sir  has  advised  if u r in possession  do not  vacate  the possession  and  hence forth   pay your  monthly  rental through  current cheque payable in the  name of  the  owner. ( Owner's name  only )  not  in any other name.  Let him  keep the original.    Keep  your  photo copy of the rental  agreement  signed by both of  you  i.e,  yourself in the capacity as  tenant  and  the owner  safely.   Make  many copies  and  keep  it in different  places.     As  per  the aforesaid  clause  is  concerned  u can type  as  many  clause  in any document   but  the  real  fun begins  when  the  enforceability  part  comes.        Pls   engage  the  services  of   advocates  always  however  small  the  transaction  may  be.     He  will  surely  safeguard  your  interest.   people  remember   advocates   only   when  they  are  trapped.    THE  ADVOCATES   WILL  SURELY  HAVE  ENOUGH  EXPERTIZE   TO   SHOW  SUCH   OWNERS    THEIR  RIGHT  PLACE.

Mahadeva  Rao G.  ADVOCATE    9845285555    BANGALORE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register