LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   28 July 2018

Orijinal documents dispute

I rented an apartment 18 years ago with no lease or written agreement & hewanted rent in cash. 4 years ago my landlord tried to evict me by sending two thugs. So hastily I hired a lawyer but it seems he has colluded with my landlord. I submitted 13 year"s electricity, phone, maintenance & tax bills that I paid by checks. Now my lawyer says that I have to give written deposition & wants original documents to prepare a written deposition.

My question is who prepares the written deposition ? My lawyer or defendant's lawyer ? Does he need original documents for it & should I give him ? If no what is the alternative & when would I get them back ?

He filed the suit 15 minutes before court closing time on weekend & did not give me chance to read. It seems he wants to do same & I don't trust him but he has taken 70% of fees upfront and Tuesday is the final date to file the written deposition.

So second question is, if I let him file the deposition, can I amend it or add other facts to it after filing ?

I wull be grateful for any help

Learning

1 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     25 September 2018

If you don't trust your lawyer, change lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register