Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

khurram (partner)     18 March 2012

Online shopping payment back


Hello To All Members, Kindly help me out.

I placed an order from my HDFC credit card on Technology Pvt Ltd Banglore) 

I received parcel very late and not accurate brand which i have ordered so soon i returned it back form courier and i have proof that they received the same in valid time period as per company rules & regulation.

Many times i sent mails and called for payment  back and more than three month has passed but they dont want to give me any positive respond.

Should i take any legal action please suggest?




 3 Replies

Dalip Kumar Chhabra (Advocate)     18 March 2012

Hi friend

checkup the delivery status of courier on net with its receipt no. and if found delivered, u can file a suit for recovery, irrespective the same was delivered in given time or not.  Under the law to my opinion, once u posted back the delivery in time, its delivery to other party shall be calculated and assumed  the date, u send  it back... like payment by cheque ... irrespective date of its encashment.. is taken as payment on the date of cheque...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 March 2012

As suggested by Mr. Chhabra, log on to the courier website and enter  the Airway Bill number  and store/safe keep the date of  dispatch and delivery as flasshed on computer screen ( you may use the print screen  and Paint option).

Similarly obtain the details of return and date of delivery to company.

Lodge a query with courier attaching both the screenshots and ask them to confirm the delivery back to company, and take local BM of the courier in loop. If the courier does not reply visit BM with a letter, obtain acknowledgment and use your resources to obtain a written confirmation. You shall need to make the courier a party.

Company provides the terms and conditions while placing order and there is an option to "read terms and conditions". You may store the screenshot.

Log on to company web site and take screenshot of “Contact Us" page on which address of the company, email id, phone numbers are displayed.

Attach terms and conditions, both screenshot of the courier, contact us page of company, lodge a claim with company. You may mention the previous representations made by you i.e. phone call from your phone number on company phone number...........on dated..........and company official name, designation, department, and complaint number assigned to you. If no complaint number is assigned to you, you may demand it. You may also ask the Supervisor of the company to call you. You may record all the calls, you make and you receive.

Issue a notice ( which you also can)/legal notice to MD of the company raising your demands/grievances and mention that you shall be constrained to approach the institutions of print and electronic media, police, NGO's, public/social/legal forums, courts of law etc if your refund+ interest+ cost of representations( give details and include traveling charges to cyber cafe, parking/printing/parking charges, etc, telephone charges and retain all bills) is not supplied by bank DD only say in next 7 days by redg post only.

If the courier or company is rude on calls or use coercion/threat, lodge a police complaint. Transact in writing and build favorable record.

Pehredar has resolved many such complaints.


If the relief is not provided you may lodge a consumer complaint.

Richard   29 October 2022

If they refuse to refund your money you can hire a lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query