Upgrad LLM

online shopping grievances redressal

Hello Everyone, Recently I ordered a wireless earbud headphone from an online Shopping site. After opening the bag I noticed that the charger of one of the earbuds was faulty. I immediately brought it to the notice of the customer care team. They assured me a resolution within 24 to 48 hours. After repeated queries and reminders they informed me that they can't replace the item. The reason supplied by them is that before shipping any product it undergoes a stringent quality check and it is not possible that a faulty item is shipped to a customer. They outrightly denied any further assistance. What are the remedies available to me now as per the law? How Can I bring an action against the online site?

Yes, you can bring an action against the online website.
Cases where transaction is of less than 20 lakh, needs to be filed in the 'district consumer forum' according to the Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
The case is to be filed where the petitioner lives.

One more suggestion, try calling the customer service again and tell them that you will file a case against them in the district forum and then see what happens. They might help you then, if not, then go to the 'district consumer forum' and file a complaint. Take the product and a photocopy of the E-bill.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x