Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tripuresh Pandey (Entrepreneur)     11 June 2012

Online sales of liquor

Hi All,

I have setup a framework to start online sales of alcohol in india, i know there are different laws statewise/or even citywise for sales of alcohol in india but is there any possible way that i can start sales of alcohol online? I will follow any set of rules during sales, for example if age proof is required i will demand for such from my customers or if certain timings are applied i will follow those timings ctatewise etc.

For this i also require legal assistance to speed up the process who will look after legal, sales and tax related issues for my company.

Thank you in advance for answering.

Learning

2 Replies

Tripuresh Pandey (Entrepreneur)     11 June 2012

one more important point that i would like to mention is that the my organization will not directly sell liqour but we will take the orders from customers and then place them to local licensed sellers of the nearest area.

Rohan Sumungal (na)     27 June 2012

Leaving aside the fact whether you can sell alcohol online for a moment, I think the model is flawed in that you are looking to set up a sort of alcohol vend intermediary and I don't belive the licence regime in any State envisions or issues licences for such vends. Best case scenario - (highly unlikely) the regulator takes a lenient approach and permits you to operate under a liquor vend licence -  I don't think our law currently permits vends that do not physically exist. You can always try your luck though.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register