Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh (own)     11 August 2013

Notice from layer to return streedhan

Hi

Today i have received notice from lawyer stating to give back all streedhan what they have given during her marriage, and also theyhave  falsely put alligation that she left home because of dowry harrasement  and other standard false reasons against me and my parents (they are old and dont stay with me but stil ...l)

As i have never seens such situation within my circle, not sure what this notice  means  ?

1. Does this means they Have  already filed case against me and my parents in court/police station. ?

2. What does this notification means, we are happy to give back all her belongings, but not sure what next step they will take and also if they have already taken, then how to know.

3. Can i go ahead and file case against her at my town so that we dont need to travell at her place if things goes wrong going forward. This will avoid my old parents travelling along with me for court in her home town. - any pros-cons ?

Totally confused , not sure what to do. Feel like no man should marry, its mental harresment and pain

Your response highly appriciated.

REgards

Ramesh.

Learning

7 Replies

498a_dv_Crpc125_hma24_victim (unemployed)     11 August 2013

from which part of india r u ?

ramesh (own)     11 August 2013

from Rajasthan  and girl is from gujarat.

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     12 August 2013

You send reply to your wife legal notice through Advocate. You want to file Divorce case you can file at your place.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 August 2013

It is a must that you reply to the notice. Otherwise, it would be construed as demanding back of Stridhan which has been denied and would be one part more to entangle you in 406.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     13 August 2013

contact a lawyer with the notice and send a reply 

(Guest)

Hi Ramesh,

Please reply the legal notice thru a lawyer from your home town otherwise they will file a case u/s 406 (criminal breach of trust) filling a divorce case at this point is not advisable.

(Guest)

Yeah its a very strangre situation ....U didnt take any jewellery and they come up with 406 with all false evidences....what to do now.

No Man should marry ....It is true.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register