LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsimran Singh   03 January 2019

Non payment of salary

where and under which act a case/complaint can be filed against an educational institute(registered as a society) for non payment of salary dues. I was working as an assistant professor and as per appointment letter Rs. 15,600 was promised fixed as my salary. However it is written in the appointment letter that "your salary will be in 70:30 ratio" and orally mentioned that 30 percent will be deducted as security and it will be paid after one year. Later after one month i came to know that the 30% part is based on performance/goals/targets. Now, after doing all the formalities of college like No dues, goal sheet, target sheet submission, I have duly resigned and relieving letter has also been issued. The college is not paying me the 30% and asking me to submit the goal/target sheet which i had already submitted.

Learning

3 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     04 January 2019

What security deposit shall be there in a teaching job? Please eloborate on this.

I think there is a bit of communication gap between your employeer and you. 70:30 is variable pay ie. 70% pay shall be fixed and 30% pay shall depend upon your performance.

How was your performance and how you were rated? The release of the 30% pay every month depends on that. I think it is not security deposit. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 January 2019

You can submit your complaint to the state labour commissioner office. If your institution located in Hyderabad, you can approach following address.

Door No 1-1-18/73, Anjaiah Sankshema Bhavan, RTC X Roads, Hyderabad - 500020, Behind Devi Theatre (Map)

Harsimran Singh   04 January 2019

actually they orally say that this is a security that you do not leave the institution in mid term and without serving notice. The actual wording in the Appointment letter is "Your salary will be in the ratio of 70:30 already in consent with you".

They have never evaluated my performance and never gave me any thing in writing about my performance. After my resignation they asked to submit a goal sheet/ target sheet. I had submitted the same but now when i am demanding my salary dues via email. they are telling to submit it again.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register